Rate this song

308w379.jpg

As music artist, producer and arranger O'Mega Red has refined his blend of reality rap that has earned him critical acclaim and wide spread appeal. O'Mega Red has an infectious charisma on and off stage and is known for his dynamic live performances, whether he is backed by DJs or rock bands.

It is fitting that “O’Mega Red”, was born in the cradle of independence and freedom. Into this world was born a person who would not only be a free independent rapper with his own unique style but also a vibrant successful entrepreneur. No one can ever say that Omega Red has made it because of his famous aunt, Disco and Soul Legend, Donna Summers. Like his namesake, mutant X-Man O’Mega Red is making it with his dynamic lyrics and awesome beats, which cripple any of his adversaries and win over audiences’ worldwide.

O’Mega Red’s formative years were in a large household surrounded by music and many shared intimate moments with his parents and two siblings. His Father was a jazz enthusiast and exposed O’Mega Red to the music of John Coltrane, Wynton & Bradford Marsalis and Sam Cooke at an early age. As the influence of jazz ebbed, his interest in hip-hop began to emerge. He began rapping with his cousin at times in his Aunt’s west coast studio and honed his rapping skills with an Air Force friend, Jeff Rivera who grew up with members of the Wu Tang Clan. This enlightening experience would take him through an extraordinary musical sojourn into the labyrinth of hip-hop culture.

Reinforcing this journey was the exposure that he had been privy to while he was in the Air Force going to many countries such as Germany, Turkey, Japan and Holland. “My style of music is a blend of my life experiences. It is a combination of the places I have been, the cultures I have been exposed too, and the experiences I have been through.”

However, in everyone’s life, there are choices to be made. Good or bad and it was during this period of O’Mega Red’s life that he admittedly made some bad choices. Those bad choices landed him in jail on a variety of charges. However, O’Mega Red will be the first to admit that jail probably saved his life. “I was going down that road to perdition at breakneck speed and abandonment and jail was my lifeline. It gave me an opportunity to see myself for who I was. Now O’Mega Red is building a brand with Michael "Big Shot" Oronde Wright “Big Shot Music Group” and developing other artists for his Boston, New York and Los Angles based Independent Record Label and Entertainment Management Company. His award winning Production Company, the Stay Grindin Music, includes four innovative producers including his self.

O’Mega Red influenced by the musical artistry of The Sugarhill Gang, Nas, LL Cool J. Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane and Run D.M.C. O’Mega Red recorded single “Turn It Around” featuring “Ray J” was an instant hit. He then followed up this hit and recorded three singles “I’m A Problem ’, “Endz” and “Blow It All” and “Sucka Free” produced by Noel “Detail” Fisher. For O’Mega Red’s forthcoming album “Red October”. Featured on this album is living legend KRS One for the single “Hip Hop produced by Duane “Da Rock” Ramos. He also collaborated with Legendary Donna Summer.

Through his stellar production company, Stay Grindin Music, they have remixed the title track from Donna Summer’s hit album “Crayons” with Omega Red featuring Ziggy Marley. Additionally, they have remixed with O’Mega Red "Fall Back" and “Unexpected” featuring Ed O.G. and Big Shug respectively.

People are beginning to recognize that O’Mega Red is an up and coming force to be reckoned with in the Hip Hop community, and the business world. His unquestionable lyrical astuteness, musical virtuosity and adroit stage and performance presence places him at the apex of rappers in the Hip Hop community. O’Mega Red! The last one standing! Alone and on top!

Awards

O'Mega Red is a two time recipient of the New England Urban Music Awards Rap Artist of the Year (2006-2007). His production team the Jugganautz also won Producer of the year 2006. O'Mega Red is also a two time nominee for Lyricist of the Year by the Massachusetts Industry Committee Awards (2006-2007).Also nominee for Best Rap Act of (2009) Boston Music Awards and in 2010 nominated for Best Hip Hop Artist by Hollywood Music In Media Awards. O’Mega Red is now 2011 Best Rap/Hip Hop Artist of the prestigious Hollywood Music Media Awards.

Film career

Following in the footsteps of his action heroes portrayed by movie icons Sidney Poitier, Wesley Snipes, Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio , O’Mega Red played a small role as an orderly in the upcoming Paramount Pictures film Shutter Island directed by Martin Scorsese and featuring Leonardo DiCaprio. He also played a gang member in the indie film Roid Rage, produced by Wickid Pissa films. He also just finished playing a role as a Dj in the upcoming comedy Hillbilly Highway starring Eddie Grifffin and Lil Duval directed by Coke Daniels

Follow @OMEGARED on twitter!

http://www.staygrindin.com

www.bigshotmusic.net

Download O'Mega Red Ft. Detail - I'm A Problem Clean

Download O'Mega Red Ft. Detail - I'm A Problem Dirty

Download O'Mega Red Ft. Detail - I'm A Problem Instrumental

Download O'Mega Red Ft. Detail - I'm A Problem Acapella

Contact: omegared1976@gmail.com / management@staygrindin.com / 323.206.7546

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.