Rate this song

CheckYaSwaggLogo.jpg
DRIFT CITY RECORDS PRESENTS...

Young Bree Ft. Shawty Redd & Killer Mike - Check Ya Swagg

PRODUCED BY YOUNG SEARS FOR N DA TRUNK PRODUCTIONS, INC.

Atlanta, Georgia: May 17, 2008

There is a new face on the scene that is sure to have the true hip hop fan nodding to his lyrical word play. Daniel “Young Bree” Dixon is the newest artist signed to the Atlanta based, Drift City Records. On a mission to take the rap game back to the era of the 90’s when artists delivered true lyrical content, Young Bree is sure to deliver! No ghost writers need apply. Young Bree is currently in the studio and has 50 head bangers recorded and awaiting approval for the release of his solo project with a majority of production by Imperial Productions and Sears. Drift City Records CEO, Paul Morgan states, “Young Bree takes me back to the days of Goodie Mobb and Outkast, he is a lyrically sound artist. I will listen to his rhymes and then have to press rewind because I can’t believe some of the genius that shines through on his lyrics.” His first single, “Check Ya Swag” featuring Atlanta rappers Shawty Redd and Killer Mike has been gaining rapid radio play and underground approval. Young Bree holds his own among the heavy-hitters on “Check Ya Swag” spitting, “Some say they got a swag but they ain’t got it yet. Take some quarters out the roll ‘cause you ain’t got it yet.” His lyrical word play is the main ingredient in Young Bree’s rhymes. He is able to tell a story with a metaphorical twist, “I’ma messenger with a message homie, don’t listen to the messenger, just get that message homie,” boasts Young Bree. “Internet Flirt” is sure to be a radio favorite and a marketer’s dream. The hook, “She textin’ me and I’m textin’ her, what can I say I’m an internet flirt,” is laid over a futuristic beat with a familiar Atlanta sound. Then on the Lou produced, “Make the Girls Cry” Bree takes the familiar melody from Prince’s “When Doves Cry” and talks about his swaggeristic way with the ladies. However, it has not been an easy ride, the grind has been constant for Young Bree. He was raised by his older brother and father in Atlanta surrounding city of Lawrenceville, GA. “Growing up without my mother toughened me up as a little boy, I’m not a sensitive guy at all,” states Young Bree. He was once a young high-school basketball star but negative influences would lead him a different route. The 21 year old would spend two years of his life in the Atlanta jail system. After paying his debt to society and having much time to write rhymes, Young Bree became serious about his rap career. His cousin took notice and introduced Young Bree to childhood friend, Paul Morgan, who had been flirting with the idea of starting a record label. After one meeting and hearing his flow, Drift City Records was born and Young Bree was its first signed artist. Young Bree understands the importance of “one last chance” and will use this opportunity to elevate the rap game. “I respect real rappers, you can tell a real rapper because of his true love for the art form. I believe rapping is a gift, I paint the picture and the story comes out on canvas,” explains Young Bree. Stay tuned, Young Bree is coming to prove that Hip Hop is not Dead!

Young Bree Ft. Shawty Redd & Killer Mike - Check Ya Swagg (Clean)

Young Bree Ft. Shawty Redd & Killer Mike - Check Ya Swagg (Dirty)

YoungBreeLogo.jpg

Young Bree on MySpace!

PRESS CONTACT(S) FOR DROPS & BOOKING

Drift City Records

(404) 477-5900

info@officialdriftcity.com

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.