Rate this song

2sb8js0.jpg

Growing up in the center of all great musical stories – the church in her hometown of Richmond, Virginia – Alexis Nicole may have started her musical career in the same vein as most artists but she won’t end up like most artists. Artists can be made. Legends are born. Singer/songwriter Alexis Nicole is proof of the latter. Her music career and journey are a starting testament to the greatness that is to come.

Among her gifts, Alexis was also a talented athlete. Graduating high school, she was offered scholarships for her basketball skills but choose Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee for music. In 2005, she entered the esteemed university’s Recording Industry Program. One of the largest programs of its kind in the world, it was there that she gained an extensive knowledge of the industry and studied under industry professionals. This would set the foundation for breaking down barriers and creating her own path on both the creative and professional sides of the music business. It was also there that she connected with Donald Wilson and Michael Watson who would later be instrumental in assisting her with taking her career to the next level.

During her time at MTSU, she also met accomplished music producer, Tim Hill who worked with her on her first independent album entitled I’m Here, which was released in 2008. The album created a buzz which served as her official introduction to radio play being featured numerous times on Nashville’s 92.1 FM (92Q). When afforded the opportunity of sharing the stage with Kindred the Family Soul, she was told, “You have the talent; just never stop singing.”

Her sophomore album ‘Love’s Last Stand’ was in November of 2009, which included her singles, “Infatuation” & "Keep It in the Pocket”. The album became an instant favorite among industry insiders and helped earn the album two nominations at the 2011 Southern Entertainment Awards, where she captured the award for R&B Album of The Year. In late 2010, Alexis released the single, “Love’s A Game”, an equally loved song that continued to put the industry on alert for this bright, talented, and driven artist.

With her first and second albums, airwaves from Nashville to New York have been graced and she has already received international airplay. At home on the stage, she has toured the across the country, gaining new fans not only in the South, but in every region of the country. An impressive number of sites and blogs have all recognized her for being a unique and raw talent in a competitive industry.

In late 2010 and 2011, in the true fashion of a shrewd businesswoman, Alexis took time off to build her brand as multi-dimensional artist by dedicating her focus to songwriting. It was a smart move that has led her to work with Def Jam’s Khalil, India Arie, Keisha Jackson, Danny Boy, and Rotimi’s single, “Boss”, which is to be featured on television icon Kelsey Grammer’s hit show Boss, on the Starz Network. When building a brand, you have to be working in-front-of and behind-the-scenes. Alexis can shine in both capacities. “I’ve been new to the music industry and working with her has been great. She’s helping me write my music and she just took it to a whole other level,” WNBA's Angel McCoughtry expressed about the gifted artist. “She has experience; she knows the music industry like the back of her hand. She’s helped me go so far in a short amount of time.”

Vastly becoming a power player, the brilliant singer/songwriter has made an impact on not only new talent, but on respected industry insiders such as critically-acclaimed singer/songwriter Truth Hurts. “I’ve never seen someone so young, so motivated, multitalented and just really ready to take the game by storm.” Demanding respect as a female artist, Alexis’s talent is duly noted by music industry veterans. “She’s about to come take over and show how females need to dominate the game way more than we do and I’m just proud to know her,” Truth revealed about her connection to Alexis. “I’m just inspired by her and I thank God I met her because she actually raised my game like twelve notches as long as I’ve been in the game.”

In late 2011, Alexis returned to the studio to work on her own projects, fully acknowledging the changes and growth she had embraced during her time off. Not only is she musically stronger than she was before, she’s also surpassed her own definition of an artist and business woman. “Juggling between being a full time songwriter and a full time artist has opened up a new sense of creativity for me. It has erased the boundaries I had given myself musically, which ultimately keeps me thinking on another level.” It is that constant movement towards excellence that will keep Alexis aiming at the top of the music industry. Releasing all new music at the top of 2012, listeners have only become to get a glimpse of what this brilliant, dedicated, and bright musician has to offer.

Follow @thealexisnicole on twitter!

http://www.thealexisnicole.com/

http://www.facebook.com/alexisnicolemuzik

http://www.youtube.com/alexisnicolemuzik

Download Alexis Nicole - Cold World Main

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.