Rate this song

2d9d7k6.jpg

For budding superstar Jere “Young Saville” Winchester, creating top-quality music has been a revitalizing force. So, he honors music’s positive influence on him by dedicating his life to rap and entertainment.

Winchester, born in Reidsville, North Carolina, initiated a longtime love affair with the power of rhythm and words during a rough patch in his life years ago. Exposed to rap at the ripe age of five, he would soon become captivated by the fundamental elements of the genre -- the beats and the rhymes.

Thereafter, he developed an understanding of rap’s ability to influence not only his life, but the lives of others.

“I didn’t have a job, and I was broke, and it seemed like everything that could go wrong for me was at that time,” Saville said. “I used [rap] as a way to express myself.”

An impromptu studio session a few years ago birthed Saville's breakthrough moment. Unfamiliar to professional recording at the time, he channeled his emotions over the loss of his grandfather into an impassioned, yet polished freestyle rap that floored everyone within an earshot.

“They recorded the freestyle then a few months later I heard it, and I couldn’t believe that was me,” Saville said. “Everybody who would listen to it would bob their heads to it. They would ask, ‘Who is that?!’”

Saville’s freestyle that day was his first brush with recorded music, and a star was born. That initiation of sorts fueled his work ethic and approach to his craft. Spending hours on end recording and honing his art, the studio is Saville’s home away from home.

I just kept listening to it like, ‘If I keep at it, then I can do this,’ so I just keep writing and trying to get better.”

According to Saville, each studio session feels fresh. His energy, knack for songwriting, work ethic and professionalism are praised by artists he’s worked with. He’s quickly become a go-to recording artist tapped by established in-state deejays as well as out-of-state producers who are regional mainstays.

But Saville is more than just a rapper.

His distinguishing characteristic is his versatility, which will help establish his place in the entertainment industry. Saville is also a talented producer, creating sought after beats and song arrangements for himself and other artists.

“I’m an all-around artist that can make a party track, tracks for the ladies, and also make a track for the hood [niggas].”

Saville’s signature sound is driven by minimalist production, which features mesmerizing musical elements that are club and radio ready. His matter-of-fact delivery accentuated by a slight southern drawl complements the danceable melodies in his songs.

Saville’s songs illustrate that he has a keen sense of musical composition and use of sounds.

Eventually, Saville plans to be entrepreneur, owning his own record company. He plans to groom artists under his imprint to carry on the tradition of self-expression through rap.

Gaining a strong following from four independently released mixtapes/albums, he’s setting the blueprint for artists under him to follow.

“I knew I wanted to be a CEO, so I’ve been doing everything on my own,” Saville said. “It has prepared me and schooled me well on the music business.”

Saville has a sincere love for music. And he doesn’t plan to quit creating it until he can express that love on a broader scale, solidifying himself, his Street Committee entertainment group and North Carolina artists among the elite in the entertainment industry.

“I want to put Street Committee in the position to help other artists from North Carolina, and use it as an outlet to help strengthen the music culture in North Carolina,” Saville said. “Plus, I want to do something positive for my fam to show them that it is possible to do something positive with yourself, and let them know that you can make it with whatever God-given talent you're given.

“You just got to put in the work and want it, and it will come to you.”

Follow @YoungSaville on twitter!

Young Saville - On My Own Dick (Clean)-GreenHitz.com.mp3 - 8.1 Mb

Young Saville - On My Own Dick (Dirty)-GreenHitz.com.mp3 - 8.1 Mb

Young Saville - On My Own Dick (Instrumental)-GreenHitz.com.mp3 - 3.3 Mb

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.