Rate this song

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flavamixx

LOL!! Man I hit the floor at the part about record crates....Mane thats why my back hurts now...And my problem was that I had to have doubles of all the hits. Anyway, Primetime that was a good video.

Guest flavamixx

Mane I was just thinkin, its not about being oldschool like me (1984) its about mastering the fundamentals FIRST....Not to mention the tricks that help you get better: like making the weight on your strong hand lighter than the weight on your weak hand, or how keep the needle from skipping when you cueing up, or to cut out the plastic covering that came on the vinyl and put it under the slipmat. (Makes them backspins slick as oil AND got rid of the static) Surely I wasn't the only person that did that to get by when you couldn't afford the really good expensive slipmats (Cause my moms didn't buy me shit!!!) LOL

Edited by flavamixx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stedybeets

L M A O ! hell yeah I know what a " CRATE " is !!! have an actual ALBUM collection... real talk in the video though... I have fooled around with a ton of computer based d j apps... some tight as hell.. i.e: Serato Scratch live and Traktor Scratch pro... even used Atomix ... but NOT for a LIVE show !!! Not ready to embrace the computer mixing era yet. :) Anyway..

like the video said... when you hire a " D. J. " you get what you pay for. as some of you " REAL " d j's know, when the first apps came out they were only good for songs in the 120 bpm range and up BUT sucked on anything lower and any song with complicated beats.. I wholeheartedly believe a D J MUST know the actual bpm of a song...how to MANUALLY beat match.. the CROWD you are playing to and most importantly.. HOW TO ROCK A PARTY !!! ... is this mic on ? LOL... PEACE

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.