Rate this song

dovtvk.jpg

Heralded as a compelling amalgam of Lauryn Hill and Jay-Z, Red Baron has crafted a stirring style that fuses the blues, jazz, soul, R&B and rock, yet still rings true of hip-hop. Having garnered key endorsements from hip-hop legends (EPMD, DJ Scratch), industry tastemakers (Mtv Correspondent Sway), record executives (VP of A&R at Def Jam, Lenny S), and having won the Grand Prize in the Hip-Hop Category for the 2010 John Lennon Songwriting Competition, Red Baron is quickly becoming one of rap music's best kept secrets.

Born in the bedrock of blues music, reared in the home of R&B, and classically trained in violin and piano, it would seem he was destined to make music of some sort. Red Baron found his voice as a musician while a student at Morehouse College, where he graduated in 2004. Shortly after graduating, he released his critically acclaimed debut, Paint the Town Red. He is slated to release his highly anticipated second album, entitled, Shades of Grace January 18, 2011.

Red has performed in various venues: colleges and universities, national conferences, churches, rehabilitation centers, detention centers, bars, clubs, and even a grocery store. He has shared the stage with hip-hop legends, established international artists, garnered local, national and international radio airplay, and has won local and international songwriting competitions and has also won music industry showcases. His material has been featured on an official mixtape (Empire State Mixtape Vol. 2) alongside exclusive material from some of the more prominent hip-hop artists (e.g. Jay-Z, Kanye West, Will.I.Am, Swizz Beatz, Lil' Wayne, T.I., Usher, Diddy, Neyo, Drake, Nikki Minaj, Rick Ross, etal). The venues have changed, the response has not.

Amid a time where most contemporary artists spin tales of lustful acts, violence,

Guest Red Baron
o k trak.... is this another version of hootie and the blowfish ... jus playing... stay on the grind homie...

You've got jokes I see. To each his own. . . I respect your opinion and all, but this song has received favorable compliments from many, including hip-hop legends (EPMD, DJ Scratch), industry tastemakers (Mtv Correspondent Sway) and record executives (VP of A&R at Def Jam, Lenny S), in addition to having won the Grand Prize in the Hip-Hop Category for the 2010 John Lennon Songwriting. It's literally being played around the world right now. It may not suit your audience, but there are plenty it does . . .

Adding to His Kingdom,

Red Baron

Red Baron - PaintedRed.Net

Kind of Red

Red Baron | Facebook

Myspace

Red Baron

Guest Red Baron
you need a dj intro in the intro space

I can get you a version with an shortened intro if you would like. With regard to being hype, this song wasn't written to bang in the club so the speak, but plenty of similarly paced songs have (e.g. "Successful," "Aston Martin Music," etc. are a few that have more recently). It's a matter of being openminded I suppose.

Adding to His kingdom,

Red Baron

Red Baron - PaintedRed.Net

Kind of Red

Red Baron | Facebook

Myspace

Red Baron

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.