Rate this song

1zvxs9w.jpg

In this game of life, one needs courage, wisdom and stamina to succeed. Not many have these qualities and for those who do, not all of them are able to come out on top. Then you have guys like Yeshua, who the world knows simply as J-Menace.

Born Yeshua Caesar Alexander and raised in the shy suburbs of Lincoln County, Georgia, J-Menace was an active kid who, in his own words, pretty much raised himself. Both parents were absent figures in his life, especially his mother who was struggling with drug addiction during his childhood. She later passed away from cancer along with J-Menace's biological father who died of pneumonia. With these tragic loses, J-Menace was indeed an independent spirit.

In spite of his familial traumas and early battles, J-Menace was able to break free from his broken home-life and stayed focus in his schooling. Aside from excelling in his studies, J-Menace took solace in the game of football. By the time he was 14 he earned the nickname "J-Menace", which he is still known today due to him being a menace on the field.

"My position was running back," J-Menace recalls. "No one could catch me, I was that fast." By the time he was a junior in high school, J-Menace was a local celebrity, as his football skills had taken his team to the State Championship. Yet with all the praise and adoration, J-Menace realized he just couldn't settle for a future in quiet Lincoln County. "It was a small town, everybody knew each other and it wasn't diverse at all. I was probably one of a handful of black kids that went to my high school." J-Menace continues, "I remember telling my coach that I wanted to get away and maybe apply to some colleges out of state. He told me that I was talented and all, but I should just join the army because he didn't think I could get into those schools. When he told me that, I was just like,

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.