HipHopBlog

Detective Discusses Biggie Murder

Rate this topic

Greg Kading Disputes Lil Cease's Claims
1:30PM ET October 5th, 2011
Contributor : Stephen Willis
A Rocky Williform Company

Detective Discusses Biggie Murder

Former LAPD homicide detective Greg Kading has been in the center of a media firestorm after the release of his book Murder Rap. Kading claims that Suge Knight and Diddy Combs had a hand in the mid-90s murders of rappers 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G., and has been doing extensive press to promote the book.

In an interview with HipHopDX, Kading discussed Biggie's murder in particular. He claims that Lil Cease's initial description of the man who shot the Notorious B.I.G. is false.

"I would love to sit down and show you their actual statements, because you see that Lil Cease doesnât give that description in his initial interview," Kading says. "He only gives that description after heâs gone and talked to Eugene Deal. And then later on when the detectives come back, he incorporates Eugene Dealâs details into his own statement. "

Kading said unequivocally whom he believed actually shot Biggie.

"We believe itâs a guy named Poochie, who was a Blood affiliate of Suge Knightâs. His [given name is] Wardell Fouse," he revealed. "I do believe that. I donât believe that he was there completely alone though. We have no idea who mightâve been helping him. And maybe there was this lone Nation Of Islam guy, that Eugene Deal pointed out, that was acting as a spotter, or somehow tried to help coordinate it. But I donât believe that some guy in the Nation Of Islam was the shooter."