Rate this song

at three reals the arroba

Beef is sold at three reals the arroba, or 25 lb.; mutton, for the whole sheep, six reals. Veal is not allowed to be killed; and pork is very bad in deed, and seldom used at table. Turkeys cost from 5 to 7 reals; ducks and fowls, 3$ reals each; partridges and pigeons, If real the pair: geese are moderate3 reals each. Vegetables are very dear: cabbages, one real; carrots, green peas, cauliflowers, spinage, &c. in the same proportion.Although the chief articles of life are, at first cost, so cheap, the expense of fire in cooking makes them come almost, if not quite, as dear as in England. Coals are imported from England, and are dear.The beef is good, but much inferior to our's; and their fashion of always baking it gives it a taste of the charcoaland wood mi r$ndw it insipid, They hv$ no ide of roasting % (fee spit Mr. Booth, an Englishman, who keeps a store, is noted for having dinners in the English stylo.In summer meat will not keep beyond the day, and eattte age slaughtered in the Horning for the day's consumption ; in winter, the night previous. In England, meat kept two or three diys is supposed to eat more trader; here, it; is the reverse report tells me, for I have never been housekeeper enough to know from experienceMutton ismdififerent: fro sow fiwps they tell me, good mutton can he procured biit it has not been my lot to partake of any jimmy choo shoes of thift superior sjimmy choo uggs the m

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.