Rate this song

xp4rnn.png

DAMIEN is an 17 year old, multi-talented performer who hails from Washington, D.C., and is ready to tell a story.

Discovered by Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Harold Lilly, Jr. on YouTube after hearing that there were teen girls in D.C. going online to see DAMIEN every day. Once he saw the video of DAMIEN singing, he flew him out to Los Angeles to work with fellow Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Elvis “Blac Elvis” Williams where they started writing and recording with DAMIEN.

DAMIEN’s early years were spent with his mother and father and siblings in the D.C. area. DAMIEN fell in love with music before he learned to walk. His mother knew he was going to be a singer the day she heard him humming himself to sleep as an infant. DAMIEN’s early love of music ran deep. When he was a baby, whenever there was music playing on television, there was DAMIEN, attempting to balance on wobbly feet, bouncing up and down to the music. And when the music would stop, DAMIEN would break down into tears, not wanting it to end.

DAMIEN’s first musical influence was his father, who saw his passion, and began to teach him about singing and performing as early as three years old. DAMIEN’s first live performance was at a local barbershop his father took him to sing and dance. Being only five years old and a bit scared, DAMIEN performed with his head down to the floor. His father then told him “If this is what you want to do, you can’t be afraid. Don’t show fear.” DAMIEN quickly overcame his fear, started performing at the local barbershops and getting tips.

It wasn’t long after he got comfortable singing in front of an audience that DAMIEN’s father would start a series of stints in prison due to his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Even though his father was away, DAMIEN continued singing and performing. DAMIEN’s mother struggled and started to suffer from alcohol addiction. By the age of ten, DAMIEN was placed in foster care and then adopted by his uncle.

Although he has endured more personal struggle before the age of 18 than most adults, DAMIEN has maintained a positive and infectious attitude about life. DAMIEN says "I want to help people. I want to use music as a tool to tell my story. I want to tell it, not just because it is my story, but to inspire people to believe anything is possible if you keep following your heart. I want to make people believe in themselves."

DAMIEN’s songs are fun, energetic, feel good records that people of all ages can identify with. “Years from now, I want to be on my way to being one of the greats,” says DAMIEN. With his raw, honest and pure talent, DAMIEN is well on his way.

Follow @OfficialDamien on twitter!

@OfficialDamien on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Damien, nicely done.

Would like to see the video to see if you can dance just as good as you sound.

In the studio listening to your track and to me, only my opinion, its sounds as though your holding back on the energy put into this track.

The Ladies, Women and My self; when singing this track, would love to have just a lil bit more energy to not WOW! but Wooo the listeners'.

Hats off and Happy Holidays.

Platinum Blaxx

7 Figure Ent., LLC

Pbi & M2g

Platinum Blaxx {DJ} (Platinum_Blaxx) on Twitter

Sincere Grant | Tulsa, OK | R&B/Soul / Hip Hop / Neo Soul | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

xp4rnn.png

DAMIEN is an 17 year old, m-----talented performer who hails from Washington, D.C., and is ready to tell a story.

Discovered by Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Harold Lilly, Jr. on YouTube after hearing that there were teen girls in D.C. going online to see DAMIEN every day. Once he saw the video of DAMIEN singing, he flew him out to Los Angeles to work with fellow Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer Elvis “Blac Elvis” Williams where they started writing and recording with DAMIEN.

DAMIEN’s early years were spent with his mother and father and siblings in the D.C. area. DAMIEN fell in love with music before he learned to walk. His mother knew he was going to be a singer the day she heard him humming himself to sleep as an infant. DAMIEN’s early love of music ran deep. When he was a baby, whenever there was music playing on television, there was DAMIEN, attempting to balance on wobbly feet, bouncing up and down to the music. And when the music would stop, DAMIEN would break down into tears, not wanting it to end.

DAMIEN’s first musical influence was his father, who saw his passion, and began to teach him about singing and performing as early as three years old. DAMIEN’s first live performance was at a local barbershop his father took him to sing and dance. Being only five years old and a bit scared, DAMIEN performed with his head down to the floor. His father then told him “If this is what you want to do, you can’t be afraid. Don’t show fear.” DAMIEN quickly overcame his fear, started performing at the local barbershops and getting tips.

It wasn’t long after he got comfortable singing in front of an audience that DAMIEN’s father would start a series of stints in prison due to his addiction to drugs and alcohol. Even though his father was away, DAMIEN continued singing and performing. DAMIEN’s mother struggled and started to suffer from alcohol addiction. By the age of ten, DAMIEN was placed in foster care and then adopted by his uncle.

Although he has endured more personal struggle before the age of 18 than most adults, DAMIEN has maintained a positive and infectious attitude about life. DAMIEN says "I want to help people. I want to use music as a tool to tell my story. I want to tell it, not just because it is my story, but to inspire people to believe anything is possible if you keep following your heart. I want to make people believe in themselves."

DAMIEN’s songs are fun, energetic, feel good records that people of all ages can identify with. “Years from now, I want to be on my way to being one of the greats,” says DAMIEN. With his raw, honest and pure talent, DAMIEN is well on his way.

Follow @OfficialDamien on twitter!

@OfficialDamien on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.