Rate this song

9hkt2q.jpg

The 9-year-old daughter of Hollywood power couple Will and Jada Pinkett Smith is now making a name for herself as a recording artist. Only a day after Willow Smith released her first single on the web, a song called "Whip My Hair," rapper Jay-Z signed the grade-schooler to his label, Roc Nation. The song has already received more than 100,000 views on YouTube.

Jay-Z spoke on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Thursday about the new record deal. "When you have that sort of talent, there is no such thing as too young," Jay-Z said, and continued by comparing her to music legend Michael Jackson. "She has a child's innocence but she has a clear vision of who she is and who she wants to be & I can only imagine that's how [Michael Jackson] was as a young kid."

Willow is also an actress; she appeared in the 2007 movie I Am Legend with her father.

Follow @OfficialWillow on twitter!

Official Site of Willow Smith - "Whip My Hair"

Download Willow Smith Whip Hair (Clean) Green Hitz com mp3

So, I've been AVOIDING this song for the last few weeks. The notion that there are artists out here that have to grind & hustle to get meetings with A&Rs & dream of the day that they can get the opportunity to play their music for the Cohen's, the Iovene's, the Davis', the Reid's...then you get a quasi celebrities like Paris Hilton or Ozzy Osbournes daughter that get situations without having to work for it...I mean even Dr. Jack Kevorkian has a cd out!!!

That being said, I'm finally checking this record & all I can say is that I have been humbled. This record is dope as F*CK!!!! This sounds like this could've been a hit for Rhinna, Ms. Keri, or the PussyCat Dolls! This joint is all the way badass!!!! I'll never hate on someone for having opportunity & talent. Those Pinkett-Smith kids are gonna take over the world by 2012 & you can say HANNIBAL TOLD YOU SO!!!

HANNIBAL the BEAT ANIMAL

1/3 of Team MF'N

TEAM MFN: HANNIBAL, AceWonder, Johnny Brasco on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

YouTube - mfntertainment's Channel

MFNHANNIBAL (MFNHANNIBAL) on Twitter

Hannibal Is Wil Metcalf | Facebook

I heard her plug this on Ryan Seacrest a couple months ago, and I didn't think much of it. But now given a second chance, this kid has potential, even if she weren't Will & Jada's kid, and despite being only 9 years old. I could easily see this song coming out of the likes of Trina or even Nicki Minaj. This track is a definite hit banger!

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.