Rate this song

can u spin a record of mines folk? got hot music? myspace.com/youngdazeboutmoney lead singles include club smash "jumpoff" and call me feat deca both prod by beatmaejors prod holla at me on the space bruh im ready for the game i need all the dj freinds of yours to have those two records mane real rap grinding out here seem like the good artist really never really get a chance to shine

i gotta smash single i did especially for the ladys mainly flordia natyives i think u need this record its called call me feat deca prod by beatmaejors. i was just in orlando performing it for dj smallz and a few reps and what not but if you can contact me at myspace.com/youngdazeboutmoney for more detail , shoot me ya email on the myspace tho god bless tell ya dj freinds bout it god bless1

Guest dormanbenton

This is my club song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoszxx6_Om4

I'm new to this forum but it's looking like it's up my alley. I just made a song and I want people to hear it. I put together a little video to go with it. Thanks guys...If you would comment on your thoughts I would be forever greatful. Tear me a new asshole! I worked hard on putting this jam together in the studio. So if I rap 1 dimentionally it's because I'm just starting out as a rapper. My production is DA SHIT though.

Guest dormanbenton

Do you mean the video needs work or the song? Thanks for the feedback big time. It's a bit 1 dimentional. I understand that and the video is put together with what I had to work with. I'm checking your suff out now by the ways.

D.B.

Guest dormanbenton

You have melody. 'Hit' is written all over the first song I'm listening to. I really mean it I LOVE IT! I like the phone tone as being part of the song. Again incredible production.

all im saying is u need a lil work im not tryin 2 act like im da shit i know i can be way better but u know quality and production play a major role in this rap game feel me ? i just feel ya quality and delivery could have been better again thanks and keep grinding -daze-

Guest dormanbenton

You are 100% correct. I didn't like the song the second I carried it out of the studio but all of my friends went ga ga over it so I caved in.

I really like your stuff. I think somebody who has music recorded like yours has a good has reason to talk. Criticism is cool with me. How else do you get better without it. The point IS to be the best. While we all believe that method we create our own style (which I'm trying to discover it writing more and more.) It took me a joint to realize this but I think all of my (recorded) songs are all 1 dimentional. This was only my first recording. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Guest dormanbenton

Did you say that it took you a while to realize that DAZE? About being 1 dimentional? Please reply because that gives me a lot of hope. I'm so damn confident in myself lyrically for the future...I'll work at it and I won't give up. I appreciate that if you meant it the way I took it. I feel like I'm treading water (with all of lifes obsticals.) I've literally trashed so much written material knowing that it's One dimentional. I just know it sucks now. I recorded that song a bit ago. I didn't come to that conclusion completely over night. It built until it hit me (lol over a joint.) Now, I'm pulling up observations about stuff I see on the street (suburban wise) etc...I'm writing and with this first (no more no less) song I'm really liking what I'm coming up with. I will send it to you once I get the money to record it under somebody who can produce it properly. It won't be a club hit but I've got to start somewhere. I'm liking where I'm headed. 'Rap is like a fine wine it only gets better with time.' Shoot me that is an old lyric I wrote and recorded and I still really like it.

Edited by dormanbenton
Because I SAID SO!

Guest dormanbenton
yeah dis shit banging! alot of request at da club!! hot

Sorry I'm Obsessive compulsive. Did you mean Me- miss.v. and djbigd38? I just want to know. Get back. I need to crank out another clubbish song because I like em'. I just haven't thought of the next one yet. It needs to be original (this song was original in its way as much as I put it down.) I think the production (that would be the beat) wasn't all 'that' bad. My flow SUCKED COCK! i did use the microphone Jay-Z comenly uses (must be good-JK) I do have my problems the song itself (it does need more work) and my lyrics need HELP! but the the chores did have a simple ring to it that got the point across. Me throwning up all over the club was just plain me!

all im saying is people wanna hear stuff they can relate to if they can turn your music on and be like damn i been through dat that will help you. thats how u sell urself as an artist,you sell yourself ,what you have been through people like records that when they are down they can turn to one of ya tracks and be up, or a break up gawn bad you gotta relate ur music to whats going on apeal, apeal , apeal cant stress it enuff and yes i meant it the way you took it kinda remnind me of myself when i started all i talked about was busting a nigga head open with a gat lmao i look back and laugh im 21 and i started at 9 , bout 16 started getting serious , that was the gun era for errors lmao, you have 2 transition as an artist , people gota tell u you need serious work to get better hold ya head tho youll get there one day

Guest dormanbenton

It's nice to hear that again. I've been redrafting my stuff. It's hard deleting stuff that you know is good and REALLY fun to rhyme but it has to go into the bin. That was a total concept I missed recording my first four songs (and I couldn't flow all that great either.) Now I know I can. Well I do have one song written nobody can deny...it's relatable. Even my father told me how itense it was. That was a moment of truth because he related to it. "A Day in the Life (of a suburban drug adict) almost had it (a recorded MESS) but that track has it's one layer thing going on as well. I was rapping about my old drug problem. Number 2: I only talk about me. Who gives a shit about me! It's like I'm putting on an anthem...lol just for me! People tell me I should be doing stand up comedy (which I did in the past) but my mind likes to rhyme. Sorry I babble. Thanks Daze I consider you very helpful. I'm one step ahead knowing about being 1 dimentional. Nobody can teach you that until you come to grips. Its really hard trashing material when it has great metophores going on. It's just that they are aimed at the wrong content.

Rock on!

D.B.

Guest dormanbenton

AHH, I just scored free studio time based on my new material! I'm getting better. I payed for the last sessions. Hey with fee studio time the world is mine. Sorry, I'm just happy and wanted to spread the news. I'm thinking of taking this up full time. This is the best thing to happen to me if it all comes through. That was with the song I said everybody could relate to.

Guest dormanbenton
Good hot song.

Thanks Hin-one...

:D

My facebook status quote:

Feels like his new writing is the same as animating. So little but yet so much! Content over quantity. It's draining. I need to go that extra mile because it's a dog eat dog world and I pissed too much time away in my life. People fool themselves when say that they are the best...Be different!....

I'm serious. Maybe I won't be the biggest rapper alive (I'm 27) and my lyrics are at it's peak writing what I am writing now. I'm so proud. I'm doing it toally for myself. I like bumping to my own shit in my car. Thanks again. I love positive comments more than the negitive. I know how to pick a song apart. It's easy but sometimes calling it a day and saying fuck it is healthy. Move onto the next. However I'm not going that way this time around.

That compliment meant alot. Daze is a smart guy. Artist to artist, he made me think about things. And they are working for me. When he stated knew what I was talking about, being one dimentional...I could totally relate. Thanks for listening guys. I'll post my new stuff once I pump out some new songs. It's only UP from hear on. I just hope I can have a good partenership with this new guy. I'm totally trusting quite yet. My goal is to not pay for studio time but have the person believe in me. Experience becoming musicians together....I previously said I yack...I can talk ones head off with no problem.

LOL

D.B.

Edited by dormanbenton
Because I drank half a fifth that was stolen...No joke. I could go back the scene of the crime that is how you get caught!

• 2 weeks later...

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.