Rate this song

xlwcxg.jpg

New D.C. Don Juan - Lookie Looky via Battery Records! DJs Leave Feedback!

Maurice AKA “Don Juan” Campbell Biography Don Juan was born Maurice Campbell Jr. on April 16, 1986 in the Hip Hop Mecca, the Bronx, New York.

He witnessed poverty, jailed family members, friends murdered, and every day tragedies that stem from living in the ghetto. Looking for a fresh start, Don Juan and his parents moved to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area in 1998.

Don Juan learned early on that rapping about his surroundings made him more depressed and angry. However, if it were not for the experience in the school of hard knocks, this lyrical genius would not have properly developed into the artist that he is today. Instead of making songs about life’s struggles, he makes music that takes you to a different place. Music that makes you feel so good that you smile and bob your head as you get dressed to go to the club. That’s the kind of music his mother and women in general would appreciate! “I’m a Momma’s boy and try to glorify women through my music. I want to encourage hope and take you to a place where you say to yourself ‘damn I’m feeling this’.”

A veteran of eight (8) years in the rap game, Don Juan always took his craft very seriously. Moving to Denver Colorado in 2004 with his long time friend Dermarr Johnson of the Denver Nuggets, Don Juan’s talent did not go unnoticed. Dermarr immediately took him under his wing and kept him in the recording studio day and night. He was introduced to Kenyon Martin, Carmello Anthony and Allen Iverson, whom Don Juan bonded with instantly. He played in the Allen Iverson Celebrity games to benefit several non-profit organizations and met such icons as Patti Labelle, Paula Abdul and Vivica A. Fox. When game time ended, Don Juan returned to the studio to focus on his music.

Moving to Atlanta, Georgia in 2006, Don Juan was determined to obtain a record deal. Collaborating with Polow Da Don and Boo and Gotti to name a few, it seemed Don Juan was on the path to success. Toward the end of 2006 he gave a demo of his music to a close acquaintance of Reggie “Big Reg” Turner, CEO of Nu Entertainment. Big Reg listened to the demo and was so impressed, Don Juan was immediately signed to Nu Entertainment.

With literally more than 4,000 songs to date, Don Juan’s persistence and exceptional work ethics have finally paid off. The video for his new crossover single “Lookie Looky,” was shot in Los Angeles, California, with the help of his labels; Nu Entertainment/Battery Records/Jive Records. Additionally, the single “Looky Lookie” continues to receive rave reviews in D.C’s most popular clubs and receives constant airtime on local radio stations.

While remaining a true friend to all who supported him, Don Juan maintains his humble and approachable personality. He is like no other “He is one of a kind”, adds one of his fans. Don Juan is….. Unstoppable! “I love those that love me” Don Juan 2009.

DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

D.C. Don Juan - Lookie Looky (Clean)

D.C. Don Juan - Lookie Looky (Instrumental)

9091d1.jpgBattery%20Red.jpgJiveLogoblue.jpg

J. Lopez

Mixshow Manager/Street Team Promo

Battery Records/RCA/Jive Label Group

Sony Music Entertainment

212-833-4516 Wk

j.lopez@sonymusic.com Email

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.