Rate this song

Sb4JOM.jpg

Hailing from Brooklyn, New York by way of Newark, New Jersey meet David Reeves better known to the music world as Mr.Reeves. Mr. Reeves is a new artist on the rise and comes from a strong music backround. Music is in Mr. Reeves blood and many would be shocked to see that he has a DJ backround as well. Speaking on his backround he explains his father's influence on him being a DJ as he states "My Father taught me how to DJ when I was a kid and it went from mixtapes to DJing parties". Mr. Reeves then started to delve into his mode as an hip-hop artist and he started as young a nine years old when he started writing his own raps.

Mr. Reeves is a music head and some of his early influences include Quincy Jones, Marly Marl, Teddy Riley, RZA, Dr. Dre and Prince. Even today's influences include Kendrick Lamar and Janelle Monae. Mr. Reeves while he has his influences he still comes with his own style as well as he explains "I make music I'm not afraid to stand out or experiment. I like to mix elements together that you normally wouldn't hear in one song." Being an artist is all about separating yourself from the pack and Mr. Reeves lets you see and hear that in his music. 

Currently working on new music, Mr. Reeves last project was well received his EP "The PreGame" that dropped in 2015. The project generated plenty of buzz and in 2016 he won awards at the Hip-Hop Junky Awards one for Most Original Song "Ain't Nobody" and also The IT Factor Award. Speaking on the success he states "It just shows hard work pays, yes I was confident I have great music but getting out there to make it noticeable, is where the real work starts". 

Also earlier this year he dropped his record "I Can See It" and the record is building momentum to what's next for Mr.Reeves. 

Follow @MrReeves1 on twitter!

Instagram:MrReevesizhere

• 2 months later...

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.