Rate this song

9qVIWH.jpg

You’re not in the presence of Arielle J. Birdsong long before you’re introduced to what she is most passionate about–her love for music!  Arielle, an aspiring R&B singer/songwriter grew up in the Midwestern town of Wichita, Kansas where she demonstrated early on her desire to perform. She is determined to make her mark in the genre that has launched many enviable careers.   Even during Arielle’s elementary & high school years, she engaged in a plethora of musical endeavors: weekly voice lessons; varsity choirs; madrigals; classical honor choirs; women’s ensemble; and high school plays.  She was a sought out soloist at various events, including pep rallies and sporting events, where she would sing the National Anthem.

Arielle went on to participate in local community theatre productions, including Lady Sings The Blues and Fortinbras, to name a few. As with many ambitious and well established R&B artists, the church is “the hub” where burgeoning talent springs forth. In a recent interview, Arielle shared that “I saw when I was young, that the church is the place where you can connect with people in an authentic way through music; I desire to connect with people in that same way through my music." That philosophy has guided her from the age of 10 as she grew active in church choirs and groups.  From angelic kids choir to youth and adult mass choirs and ensembles.  She also participated in a multitude of church plays and musicals, singing numerous solos and served as youth praise team leader until leaving her hometown for college.

Arielle received a vocal music scholarship to Emporia State University where she was the only African American student in the varsity Acapella choir. While matriculating at Emporia State University, Arielle continued taking vocal lessons and it was during this time, that she experienced one of the most notable highlights with the university choir; a trip to New York City to perform at Carnegie Music Hall.

After receiving her associate’s degree, Arielle went back to Wichita and Performed locally at her church and local community events.

The summer of 2015, Arielle sang in the month long off- Broadway play Disney's The Lion King. Shortly after embarking on her solo career, Arielle was sought out by epic records and Raydar A&R Andre Williams. While working with Andre for 2 years, Arielle was able to record and released her first EP entitled authenticity, through Empire Distribution. After over 70,000 downloads Arielle Broke Free to Independence again and was asked to appear on the Steve Harvey Neighborhood Awards. She has received a placement deal for a featured film and an indie film.....

Currently, Arielle resides just outside of San Francisco, where she continues to write music.  "I am so excited about my future. It's a beautiful blessing to sing, and I look forward to sharing my music and empowering young people to live their lives in the very best way they can by recognizing their own talents and inspiring the next generation to do the same."

Follow @ajanae_musiq on twitter!

https://www.facebook.com/arielle.birdsong
https://www.instagram.com/ariellejbirdsong/

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.