Rate this song

1bUdrz.jpg

Arriving on-stage with a pompadour and a leather jacket, G-Eazy became known as "the James Dean of rap", but his music is much less troubled than that name might imply, having crossed over to the mainstream with his re-interpolation of the rock & roll classic "Runaround Sue." Born Gerald Earl Gillum in Oakland, California, G-Eazy launched his career while still in college at Loyola University in New Orleans, heading up a hip-hop crew named the Bay Boyz while dropping his solo debut, The Epidemic LP, in 2009. Two years later, his mixtape The Endless Summer landed with that hit redo of Dion's "Runaround Sue." In 2012, he released his second LP, Must Be Nice, hitting the road with Hoodie Allen and joining the Van's Warped Tour. In 2014, he returned with his first major-label release, These Things Happen (RCA Records). As his popularity grew in the following year, he embarked on an extensive international tour and recorded his fourth album. When It's Dark Out was released in late 2015 and included the hit duet with Bebe Rexha, "Me, Myself & I." ~ David Jeffries

Follow @G_Eazy on twitter!
Follow @chrisbrown on twitter!
Follow @torylanez on twitter!

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.