Rate this song

8HaFrh.jpg

While there isn’t much room for female rappers in the game, artists like KEL set out to prove everybody wrong with her versatile style, mean punch lines and catchy hooks. This is just what the game needs and Kel is slowly showing that she can make her mark in mainstream rap.

Kel was born and raised in Houston, TX, out of 5th Ward, aka Da Nickel. Kel has always had a love for music and performing, getting her first start in the church like most artists. Growing up, Kel was influenced by other rappers like: MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Jay-Z, Scarface, UGK, T.I., Lil Wayne and 50 Cent. She also participated in modeling and theatre as a child but seemed to be more interested in sports. After graduating from High School, she went on to attend Texas A&M University. While in college, she started to again focus on music and writing lyrics. At a local studio on the Southside of Houston, TX, she met another Houston based rapper, Mike aka Gunna, of Treehouse Records. Gunna, being impressed with Kel, invited her to join him at Treehouse Records. She went on to record with Treehouse records for a while being featured on mix tapes like Detention Day 1 and the Treehouse Records Compilation CD.

Over time Kel drifted away from Treehouse Records and later went overseas to Iraq to work as a military contractor. While in Iraq she decided to start a record company with business partner and cousin, Paul Tatum aka Mr. C.E.O. Since the birth of The Square Business Records & Entertainment in July of 07, Kel has recorded several mix tapes including DOA Volume 1 & 2 and her most recent one “I Promise.”

During off time from work Kel participated in several talent shows and freestyle contests. While participating in a freestyle competition at Club Riddims, she caught the eye of super producer Jhiame, who is responsible for hits like Willie Ds Clean up Man and Eightsets Google Me I’m Famous. Shortly after that Kel teamed up with Jhiame and Da Assassinz productions in January 2011 with her debut single “I Wish They Would” featuring Chalie Boy. She and Jhiame continued to promote the single with the video appearing on Houston’s Street Flava and also getting radio play on 97.9 the box. The exposure and popularity of this single has allowed Kel to work with a lot of different artists and also to travel and perform in places like Atlanta, Chicago and San Diego.

Kel is currently working on her new project “Motivation” which does not yet have a release date. It will include club bangers like “Outta Dere” featuring Yung Martez & D Bando and also the smooth, melodic “Airplane Clothes” featuring Shawty Da Dayum DJ. Kel continues to improve her skills on every song and is determined to show the world that this is where she belongs.

Follow @killakelsb on twitter!

http://ScreamKEL.com

http://www.youtube.com/screamkel

https://soundcloud.com/killakelsb/outta-dere-ft-martez-d-bando

KEL KillingEverythingLyrically

• 2 months later...

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.