Rate this song

10ric5c.jpg

My mom told me that she wanted to put love in my name somehow…

Mrs. James must have foreseen the future because her son -- LoVel -- is bringing the R&B world his version of beautiful, complex love.

You see, the young Harlemite’s journey began when he started singing at the age of four and continued as he decided to join the church choir.

By the time he hit 14, he was recording songs that dated back two years prior. But there was one problem.

I thought it was the best thing ever… but it was horrible…

However LoVel didn’t cower. He stayed persistent by training with soul-singer Jesse Boykins III -- who, himself, learned under singer-songwriter, Bilal.

And that work quickly led to shows at local staples like the Shrine -- in Harlem -- and the Bowery Poetry Club.

His grind even allowed him to open for Roc Nation recording artist and fellow St. John’s alum, J. Cole.

But his talent doesn’t stop there.

LoVel is also a vocal producer and engineer at Deetown Entertainment -- where he’s worked on everything from movies like Turbo to commercials for Reebok and 7up.

And that’s not even counting his vocal production for artists from Queen Latifah’s The Next or engineering sessions for Atlantic Records’ recording artist Diggy Simmons.

His musical contributions also extend to the Best Man Holiday and Veggie Tales movies.

Above all though, LoVel’s passion is still in singing.

And with the help of producers and songwriters like Nick Wiz, Jordan Yaeger, Alana Da Fonsesca, Chris Classic and Blackstreet’s Lenny Harold, LoVel is focused on trying to impact the game in the same way as his musical influences -- Musiq Soulchild and Michael Jackson.

My ultimate goal in music is to be timeless and produce something for the world that’ll live forever…

Follow @itsLoVelMusic on twitter!

http://www.instagram.com/iwritesongs

http://www.facebook.com/itlovelmusic

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.