HipHopBlog

Keke Palmer Discusses Dating

Rate this topic

''I Don't Feel Like I'm An Outsider''
9:00PM ET January 6th, 2012
Contributor : Erica Moore
A Rocky Williform Company

Keke Palmer Discusses Dating

Actress Keke Palmer opened in a recent issue of VIBE Vixen about dating a young man who's of a different cultural background. Palmer's boyfriend is an Afro-Latino, and she says that she had some reservations but that patience and love supersede cultural differences.

'Iâve thought about it. It always seemed so difficult to me because I want to be understood culturally," she says. "When Iâve had crushes on other cultures, sometimes they donât understand. They donât get my jokes, they donât get who I am or my family or anything like that. Itâs not like I donât find white guys or [other cultures] attractive, itâs just I want to be understood."

"My boyfriend now is Guatemalan and Black, and he was raised by his mother who is Guatemalan, so heâs the only Black person, she continued. "Itâs culturally different, but I realized I can still find a way to understand [them]. Even though everyone is speaking Spanish around me and I donât understand it, his mother is so kind and open that thereâs not a problem. I donât feel like Iâm an outsider.