HipHopBlog

T.I. Downplays Jeezy Collab Rumors

Rate this topic

''I've Seen the City Take A Backseat...''
4:30PM ET January 5th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company

T.I. Downplays Jeezy Collab Rumors

Rapper T.I. downplayed persistent speculation that he would be recording a collaborative album with fellow Atlanta hip hop star Young Jeezy. Jeezy previously hinted that the two had considered teaming up for a project, but T.I. says that its too early to focus too much on the discussions.

T.I. claims he's more focused on restoring Atlanta's hip hop supremacy.

"Jeezy and I, we have discussed doing a collaborative album. Right now, we're both focused on putting Atlanta back on top where we once knew it to be," T.I. explained. "In my absence, I've seen the city take a backseat, if you will, to other areas and other regions. I'm not trying to slight nobody's efforts or nobody's contributions to the game, but I know what my city represents and I know what my city's capable of. And if I feel like we're not living up to our full potential, I'm going to gather all the cats who I know who supposed to ride for the town like I ride and we gon' get it back right. So that's what we focused on right now."

"After we do that, then we can focus on anything else," Tip added. "But first is first."