HipHopBlog

Skillz Defends Will Smith?

Rate this topic

''Anyone Who Has A Problem With Will Has A Problem With Me''
6:00AM ET January 5th, 2012
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company

The-Dream Explains Ciara Snub

VA rapper Skillz came to the 'defense ' of superstar Will Smith in a recent interview. The two are reportedly friends and Skillz took exception to the harsh words levied at Smith from his former "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" co-star Janet Hubert.

Skillz stood for Big Willie's integrity.

"I didn't know Will back then [during 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' days], I didn't know him personally back then," Skillz told SOHH. "I've heard stories from a couple people in the cast about how she was and I believe it was just that syndrome where she's like, 'I'm a classically trained Broadway actress and here I am on this show with this hip-hop kid.' Some people just don't get that. I call it the J.J. syndrome. You know how J.J. [Evans] was on 'Good Times' and you've got Esther Rolle, John Amos, they come from 'Roots' and classic Broadway acting and you're on a show where people are just waiting for the skinny kid to say, 'Dy-no-mite'? After a while, I can see them getting frustrated. And Will is my man, so anyone who has a problem with Will has a problem with me."