HipHopBlog

Young Buck Could Lose His Name

Rate this topic

Rapper's Moniker May Be Sold
8:30PM ET December 23rd, 2011
Contributor : Rayna Dean
A Rocky Williform Company

Young Buck Could Lose His Name

Young Buck's IRS troubles could have far-reaching effects on his hip hop career. In addition to losing many of his physical assets to liquidation to meet his debt requirements, Young Buck could also lose his rap moniker. The name 'Young Buck' could be sold.

Buck has also said that the trustee administering his estate plans to sell his trademarked name, which complicated what would have an opportunity for the rapper to sign with Cash Money Records.In an interview with The Tennessean, the rapper, whose real name is David Darnell Brown, said he was close to signing with Cash Money Records but the deal fell through, and that the trustee administering his estate said she plans on selling his trademarked rap name.

G-Unit, Buck's former label is one of the parties the rapper is indebted to. He could also face a breach of contract suit from the label. The Tennessee native was offering discounted feature rates on Twitter this week.

"Holiday Feature Price for the #Holidays! If u ready now and your Money Right,hit me up #ASAP #SALUTE#TwitterTrappin," he tweeted. ""#Rich or #Broke humble I #Remain see,might #Change some things,but #Money will never #Change me."