Swizz Beatz Plans To Open Art Gallery

Rate this song

HipHopBlog

''I Wanna Inspire''
1:30PM ET December 15th, 2011
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company

Swizz Beatz Plans To Open Art Gallery

Superproducer Swizz Beatz has revealed in an interview with Life + Times that he plans to open an art gallery to showcase artists that he has discovered during around the world during hisl travels.

âI want my gallery to be for young up and coming artists from around the world that people wouldnât easily discover,â he said. âI feel like I found the new [Andy] Warhol in Japan, the new [Takashi] Murakami in Hong Kongânot to compare their work so much but as far as [their] thinking outside of the box. I found a couple of sick artists in Africa, in Mexico too.â

âThatâs what Iâm here to doâI wanna inspire. Thatâs why I do so many things; I want to be the Renaissance Man of our generation, thatâs my goal," Swizz says. "Thatâs why I do so many things from philanthropic work, to my schools to designing to just showing people you donât gotta just be a producer, you donât gotta just be a rapper, you donât just gotta be a DJ.â

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.