Skratch Bastid – The Entertainer Mixtape

Rate this song

thesmokingsection

scratch-bastid-entertainer-cover.jpg

Whether you know of Skratch Basid or not, the only question you’ll need to ask yourself when deciding if you’ll be checking his mixtape is if you enjoy good music. Skratch does and for 55-minutes straight on his latest tape the Canadian purveyor of partying proves he is indeed much more than a DJ, by cutting-up a kaleidoscopic mash of pretty much every genre you can think of into an essential mix for any occasion geared toward gratification.

More than just great selections, though, the diversity (Suzanne Vega x Naughty By Nature…within in the first two minutes) and conceptual blends (placing a Jay’s “99 Problems” vocal over Rick Rubin’s work on Licensed To Ill) are what make his first release since 110% more than just a some mix any run-of-the-mill DJ can throw together on Ableton.

After all, Skratch isn’t just your average ol’ disc jockey. He’s The Entertainer.

DownloadSkratch Bastid Presents The Entertainer Mixtape

scratch-bastid-entertainer-back-cover.jp

tss?d=qj6IDK7rITs tss?i=k6oMQdXEeKM:Vh1c-R--vXM:V_sGLiPBpW tss?d=yIl2AUoC8zA tss?d=7Q72WNTAKBA tss?i=k6oMQdXEeKM:Vh1c-R--vXM:gIN9vFwOqv
k6oMQdXEeKM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stedybeets

nice up . . . I still break out the Tech 1200's every now & then just to " knock the dust off the finger tips " ! LOL not a fan of Ableton :( Oh yeah... those " old skool " joints on the mixtape...I was around when they were " new releases " . . . :) the " get down " scratch NEVER gets old ! Peace ! big shout to my boy dj Kay Slay the drama king ! ! !

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.