Rate this song

ir3q0h.jpg

Is it coincidence that two things that will have an impact on music came into existence in 1984? I THINK NOT !!!! Bursting on the scene , "The same year as the CD player", Derrick Washington is the future of Street Rap in the Dirty South. Better known as his stage name "J.O.D.", the artist was born in Columbia, SC and attended the public schools in Richland County, upon graduating from Eau Claire High School. Derrick initially pursued a career in the barbering profession, however he has continuously honed his craft in the music industry known as Dapper Rapper. Derrick became a dual force on the street for being the slickest with the clippers as well as lyrically. Just like many others. J.O.D. grew up in a single parent household and witnessed more than his share of violence in his community. He credit his love for expressing himself through writing as the vehicle that kept him stable...propelling him away from the crime and drugs he witnessed early in life. He stays true to his "Keep it Real" theme in his songs and believe in writing about things which are relatable to most people. Derrick credit the late Tupac Shakur for awakening his musical curiosity and has been equally inspired by several other major artists to include Outkast, Jill Scott, Dr. Dre and Lauren Hill. This multi-talented artist has performed in a variety of venues, programs and talent showcases throughout the southeast to include, The CIAA Basketball Tournament Entertainment, The Hip Hop Cafe's programs of Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte and Greenwich and Pure Gullas Bistro Rap Open Mic. Participated as an Artist in the Ozone Award and numerous other charitable events and fundraisers, Derrick has been identified as an artist to be watch and the subject in point of music articles in Niche Magazine and the Metro Weekly. He has even been a featured guest speaker on the popular syndicate weekly SC base radio show "ON Point with Cynthia Hardy speaking on the influence of Rap and Hip Hop on the today urban youth, JOD produced and released his first project with married 2 the game Vol 1 in 2008. When I Hustle was his first Hit single released just a few months ago in conjunction with Mr. Leon Stewart and SOW Records and now the dynamic and gifted J.O.D is back with his second hit single Candy Rain! Guaranteed to be a hit and shoot up the charts J.O.D mixes a little old school with the best of the new school in order to appeal to fans of all ages and cultures. Distributed by Select-O-Hits J.O.D’s album is on itunes, amazon and other websites and is sure to do great numbers!

Follow @SouthKacsFinest on twitter!

FaceBook: Derrick Washington

www.myspace.com/JOD803

www.MySpace.com/MetroFinest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAijICLPlZs

Download Clean

Download Dirty

Download Instrumental

Download Acapella

It's ok. Sounds 5-years-old though.

I would like to say as Pres/Ceo of SOW Records who try to help up coming artist as your self, if you can't say some thing good about some thing you shouldn"t say nothing at all, remember what goes around comes around be bless and have a great day annd yes you are a hater.

It's ok. Sounds 5-years-old though.

I would like to say as Pres/Ceo of SOW Records who is trying to help up coming artist as your self if you can't say some thing good about some thing you shouldn't say nothing at all remember what goes around comes around as you are trying are other people and yes you are a hater. And no it doesn't sound 5-years old, and old music is what got us this far in life, so God Bless you and have a great day.

I would like to say as Pres/Ceo of SOW Records who is trying to help up coming artist as your self if you can't say some thing good about some thing you shouldn't say nothing at all remember what goes around comes around as you are trying are other people and yes you are a hater. And no it doesn't sound 5-years old, and old music is what got us this far in life, so God Bless you and have a great day.

If having an opinion about something makes me a hater, I guess we all are. Is this not an open forum? I hope you don't intend to respond to EVERY comment you don't like or you have quite the lengthy road ahead of you. EveryBODY is not going to like everyTHING. Don't be so sensitive and don't address me directly if you are too affected to have a respectful disagreement.

Blessings to YOU as well and I could only HOPE your day was as great as mine was.

I echo both statements JaneDough made. The song is o.k. Its not a hit record. The beat is nice. Reminds me of some earlier Nelly. But u gotta learn how to take constructive criticism(@SowRecords). People dont like the same things. Thats what makes us different and individual. I'm sure will find some people that do like this record and will push it as far as they can. Its something out there for everybody. Be good and be balessed. Peace.

Being in the MUSIC INDUSTRY is NOT for EVERYONE!!!!! Go back to or keep working whatever JOB you do that is not in the INDUSTRY!!!!!@SOWRECORDS!!!! This forum is to get your music in the hands of PROFESSIONALS and get REAL CRITICISM on your project!!!! You need to be happy to get REAL FEEDBACK in stead of "Gimme Free Music" That way you dont keep wasting money and time pushing a record that is never gonna make it!!!! IM GONNA SAY WHAT THE FUCK I FEEL HOMEBOY, im not one of these kiss ass DJs that wont keep it real...really im too busy to even be writing this...but hopefully other cats in the game will see this and take it for what it is....REAL TALK!!! NOW I HAVE TO GO DJ FOR MONEY.....YALL ALL HAVE A BLESSED FUCKING DAY!!!! LOVE MY REAL DJS....IM OUT!!!

If having an opinion about something makes me a hater, I guess we all are. Is this not an open forum? I hope you don't intend to respond to EVERY comment you don't like or you have quite the lengthy road ahead of you. EveryBODY is not going to like everyTHING. Don't be so sensitive and don't address me directly if you are too affected to have a respectful disagreement.

Blessings to YOU as well and I could only HOPE your day was as great as mine was.

• 2 weeks later...

dis shit here aint original. j.o.d(wut a stupid name btw) sound lyk he wanna b "tip drill" "e-i" material wich wud b ok if nelly had neva came n da game but cuz he has (& hiz 15 iz long past up) n.e. song copyin hiz style of record aint dope by no meanz. i luv da hell outta da typa woman he dscribe n da song but hiz beat alone sound borrowed. take an acapella of dis & put it on a diffrent beat- now ya mite got sum heat. & if i'z a hata cuz i speaks ma mind on shit i feel, i dont wanna b wuteva da oposite of a hata iz. i aint a luva of all thangz az i sho nobody n dis world iz. shit quiet az kept i bet dere sum shit mista sow productions aint a fan of, he jus aint sayin it so indirectly dat make him a hata 2. so at da enda da day, do u & lyk wutcha lyk & dont b scurred ta dislike or 'hate' wuteva it b ya dont approve of n dis world. it aint all gravy ya heard.

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.