Rate this song

33c0i0n.jpg

"Finally!", the general consensus when mentioning Young Rufus. Along with his amazing songwriting ability, Rufus is bringing style and substance to Memphis, a city stereotyped as being one dimensional when it comes to the Hip-Hop genre. "What the city is lacking is honesty", says the 24-year old artist. "Everybody out here has 'stacks on deck' trying to portray this Nino Brown persona knowing they're living on a Fed-Ex 'hub' salary. I want my music to relate to everyone. Not just the streets."

Recording in the studio since the age of 14, Rufus has definitely polished his craft. "I've been doing this so long I do not write verses down. I just let the beat loop over and over and come up with how I'm gonna rock in my head. It's more natural and honestly it's allowed me to elevate my game as now I feel like I'm on par with everyone else in the industry." In an era where album sales are low and digital sales are high, Young Rufus plans on becoming a legitimate artist with star power. "The reason why I feel album sales are down is because the consumer can identify with the song and not the artist", says the youngster. "The artists these labels are investing in have no story to tell, these artists are not trying to add nothing to the culture and create their own lane, and you can't fool the buying public forever. They're not as dumb as you think they are."

Young Rufus has recently released the buzz-worthy single "It's a Wrap", produced by 2010 SEA "Beat of the Year" Winner Hot Rod (Yo Gotti "5 Star"). Although written by Rufus, this one he calls for the assistance of Universal recording artist Tone Yates. This song is sure to heat up the state of Tennessee this summer! It's already steadily building steam all over internet radio, as well as markets in VA, FL, and NJ. The name of this record and "smash" are synonymous!

Follow @YoungRuh on twitter!

YOUNGRUFUS.COM

Rufus Woods | Facebook

Young Rufus twitter.com/youngruh IT’S A WRAP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

For Booking: youngrufusmusic@gmail.com

For Drops Send Your Scrips To: youngrufusdrops@gmail.com

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.