Rate this song

The concept featured in the music video for "Goodbyes" was interesting. However, it is strange when the concept of the song and the concept of the music video don't really have anything to do with each other. Same thing with Lil Uzi Vert and his song "Sanguine". Listen to the lyrics of both "Goodbye" and "Sanguine" and then watch the music videos and you'll see what I mean. Plus, Young Thug's performance in the music video and on the song itself comes off as lazy and subpar. We've seen much more enthusiastic performances from Young There elsewhere, in the past.

Furthermore, I find it hard to 'place' ('put a finger on') exactly what type of image Post Malone is going for. It's like a combination of…

• soundcloud rappers with face tats
  • rockabilly (biker gang style)
  • lounge singer / soft spoken rapper

The song is a decent song, nothing to write home about necessarily. It's just that Post Malone's image and concepts get in the way of the music. Also, I've seen him perform at smaller venues where he's like an acoustic guitar player (singer/songwriter) vibe in his performance. He's just all over the place with his image and that can come off to some (like me) as him being disingenuous.

ABOUT ME: My name is Makell Bird. I have been in the music business since 2000. I am currently the CEO and Founder of ADED.US Music Distribution and Promotions. I am also the Host of Maktown TV and Maktown Radio. So, yes, my opinion matters.

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.