Rate this song

23F29X.jpg

Bronx native, Nine exploded onto the scene in 1994 on the underground smash “Six Million Ways to Die” feature on Funkmaster Flex & the Ghetto Celebs. It was the first time hip-hop had ever heard a voice so rugged. 

Nine’s vocals have appeared on the Beastie Boys, Madonna and Portishead. Following Arista, acquiring his contract from Profile Records Nine released a handful of underground singles, charting overseas and began taking acting gigs most notably the TV series New York Undercover: Kill the Noise, he began making rare and feature appearances while doing behind the scenes production. While building his on-line presence Nine discovered the thirst of his fans to hear new music from him.  “I had to fall back in love with it, and then learn how it had evolved as well.” 

The Difference? “The music changes, and if you don’t have the opportunity or the motivation to change with it then you’re done.  I wouldn’t write a song today with the same flow or style as then, so why would I use a style from 1997?”  

On the No Country for Old Men (Mixtape) available for free download on DatPiff.com Nine maintains the crazy pen game and keeps you rapt with hooks and gun bar after gun bar, and a URL challenge delivered in 17 flavors of flow on beats from Harry Fraud, Synthetic, DJ Khaled and Jahlil Beats.  Nine issues challenges on topics like ageism in hip-hop and in life on the (NCFOM) INTRO track, planting his flag with the hook “No country for old men …so I started my own. Guess who is the president? I set the precedence,” The track IWMAB again reveals the growth of the man and the artist in tackling a difficult subject given a voice from a man’s perspective.   Then on “Get it Urself” claiming props due as a hip-hop pioneer.  The intense mix of beats, delivery, jewels and word work in these projects make his return far more then worth the wait.  

Download for free: http://www.datpiff.com/Nine-No-Country-For-Old-Men-mixtape.761766.html

For more information on Nine contact www.bdmgdigital.com or 1-929-297-2364

Follow @bdmg_digital on twitter!
Follow @nine212 on twitter!

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.