Rate this song

pEJS6E.jpg

With roots steeped in Jamaica and the United States east coast, it seemed only natural that singer Jasmine V. Rowe's dual heritage would influence her musical tastes. The sounds of reggae and soul/R&B have strongly inspired her from childhood, and can be heard on 'Tell Me Part Two’, a dance song which announces her debut as a professional singer. First recorded in 2011, the song has been given new life at the legendary Harry J studios in Kingston, where Bob Marley and The Wailers recorded some of their early albums for Island Records. Famed bass player Robbie Shakespeare, veteran session guitarist Winston 'Bo Pee' Bowen and drummer Kush McAnuff, are some of the musicians on 'Tell Me Part Two'.Recording a song of this nature is a dream come through for 25-year-old Jasmine. "I'm very excited to get 'Tell Me Part Two’ out there for the people to hear. It really means everything to release 'Tell Me Part Two' in Jamaica because Jamaica is a part of me, as far as my heritage and the heavy reggae influence musically within the song," she said.

Jasmine Monique Valda Rowe was born and raised in Paterson, New Jersey. She has been singing for 20 years, having 'discovered' her voice at age five when she belted out an impromptu rendition of Mary J. Blige’s 'Not Gon’ Cry' in the family car. Because her Jamaican father was a member of the United States Navy, Jasmine was on the move a bit, living in Virginia and Hawaii before settling in rural Douglasville, Georgia. While living in Norfolk, Virginia and the scenic island of Oahu, Hawaii, Jasmine was involved in vocal groups. But, on the insistence of her father Robert, she went 'solo' at age 15, becoming the first artiste on his label, Ve3! Inc. Her talent is not limited to singing. At age 15, she starred in a Broadway play created by Kristian Lei --- best known for her role in the Broadway musical, Miss Saigon --- titled 'Honolulu Broadway Babies Mixed Plate’. Jasmine sang in the chorus, which was a wonderful experience for her. 

After a semester at Norfolk State University, Jasmine returned to music, honing her stage craft in church plays such as ‘It’s Time For a Change ll’ and ‘100 Little Feet,’ as well as receiving vocal coaching (mentor) from, Juilliard graduate, Erin Coleman in Atlanta, GA. All that hard work has paid off and can be heard on 'Tell Me Part Two', on which she expresses her hybrid sound --- a little bit of lovers rock and southern soul. It is the start of great things to come..

Follow @JasmineVRowe on twitter!

facebook.com/JasmineVRowe
instagram/JasmineVRowe
itunes.apple.com/us/album/tell-me-part-two-single/id1103904210
tidal.com/us/store/album/59471961

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.