Rate this song

YnSdQl.jpg

Diddy is one of the hardest men in show business so it’s only right that he releases an anthem for his hustle. The Bad Boy leader premiered the new song, “Workin,” at the 2015 BET Hip Hop Awards as Puff Daddy & the Family. Now hip-hop fans can listen to the track in its full entirety.

“Can’t you see I’m on the phone / Don’t be coming over here with that / When I’m workin’,” he starts over a steady drum beat before telling listeners to call him Mr. Combs.

The business mogul continues to boast on how he made it at a young age while emphasizing the name of the track. “When I was 19 I walked in the house and I told my momma she can stop workin.”

The most memorable line that has been quoted many times on Twitter is when Puff mentions how his late friend and one of his first signed artists inspires him to this day. “I do this s— for B.I.G., so if you don’t like me, f— you and the building you work in,” he said of the legendary Notorious B.I.G.

The Ciroc ambassador dropped the news on fans via Instagram with a snippet of the song. “THIS MESSAGE IS TO YOU!!!” he wrote next to the post.

Diddy has been returning to his humble beginnings for the new sounds as he gears up for his next album, No Way Out 2. Just like his performance with Lil’ Kim and Styles P at the Hip Hop Awards, he’s taken it back to the ’90s as far as the drive he has on this effort. He’s even returned to his original moniker, Puff Daddy. And since he’s always on the pulse of where music will go next, it’s no wonder the verdict is many flame emojis.

“Dawg Diddy KILLED this #Workin jam,” tweeted one hip-hop fan, while another simply tweeted the title of the song next to the aforementioned symbol for hotness.

As he said in ’96, he won’t stop and the new track is a testament to that.

Follow @iamdiddy on twitter!

http://Smarturl.it/Workin

Leave feedback

Leave an honest comment below. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.