Jay Z & Beyonce Pledged To Go Vegan

Rate this song

Mr_Dupri

Jay-Z-And-Beyonce-Cheering-01.jpg

It’s part of the 22Days Challenge, an initiative started by exercise physiologist (and friend of Jay Z) Marco Borges. Jay writes, “Any professional vegans out there that have any great food spots please help out! Please ha.” They began the challenge today, December 3, one day before Jay’s 44th birthday. He writes:

This all began a few months back when a good friend and vegan challenged me to embrace a “plant-based breakfast” everyday. It was surprisingly easier on me than I thought… Why now? There’s something spiritual to me about it being my 44th birthday and the serendipity behind the number of days in this challenge; 22 (2+2=4) coupled with the fact that the challenge ends on Christmas day…It just feels right! So you can call it a spiritual and physical cleanse. I will post my progress … I don’t know what happens after Christmas. A semi-vegan, a full plant-based diet? Or just a spiritual and physical challenge? We’ll see… Best of luck and health!

Former president Bill Clinton, former vice president Al Gore, and actress Michelle Pfeiffer continue to ditch meat in favor of nutrient-packed, plant-based foods. Hollywood’s A-list, including actresses Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman, country singer Carrie Underwood, tennis champVenus Williams, and hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons all tout the health benefits of a vegan diet. The science is simple: The more plant-based meals we eat, the healthier we’ll be in the long run. The American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics finds people who follow vegetarian diets have a lower body mass index, lower risk of heart disease, lower cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and lower rates of overall cancer. From a nutritional standpoint, plant-based meals outweigh their meat-heavy counterparts. A black bean burger has similar protein as a hamburger, but the black bean burger has half the fat and calories, contains zero cholesterol, and packs four times as much fiber. As plant-based diets continue to surge in popularity, it won’t be long before we see a decline in obesity, diabetes, and heart disease – and that is something Hollywood, scientists, politicians, and hip-hop stars can all advocate for.

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.