New Music: Tyga f/ Justin Bieber – ‘Wait for a Minute’

Rate this song

Rap-Up

Wait for a Minute

In addition to his own Music Mondays series, Justin Bieber lends his talents to Tyga on his new single “Wait for a Minute.” The Young Money rapper took to Power 106 this morning to unleash the official song after a previous version leaked in September.

It was originally recorded for Bieber, but will now serve as the first single off Tyga’s upcoming album The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty.

“That’s the new mature Bieber, so I just felt like it was great to do a record with him at this turning point in his career,” T-Raww told Yesi Ortiz. “Musically it just reminds me of when Timberlake got with Pharrell, when he went from *NSYNC to Justin Timberlake.”

The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty is due in the spring. “It’s gonna be a real good album,” he said of the follow-up to April’s Hotel California. “It’s gonna be more kinda how like Careless World, my first album, was… It’s way less commercial. I felt like Hotel California was more commercial and I made more radio-type records. This album is straight rap.”

The song hits iTunes tomorrow, but you can listen to the radio rip below.

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.