2 Chainz Reflects On Mama Wes' Death

Rate this song

HipHopBlog

''I Went To the Hospital the Day She Passed''
6:00AM ET September 18th, 2013
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company

2 Chainz Reflects On Mama Wes' Death

Pimp C's mother, Weslyn âMama Wesâ Monroe died in late August, and many in the hip-hop community, particularly in the South, were touched by Mama Wes during her life. One such rapper was Atlanta's 2 Chainz. In an interview with RevoltTV, the star spoke about visiting Mama Wes in the hospital.

"That was a bit much for me," 2 Chainz said. "I just lost my father like a year ago and Mama Wes was like a parental figure for me, as far as being someone I talked to. Of course, she had been in the game a long time rockin' with Pimp. I ain't really know Pimp that well. I only met Pimp once. I know Bun B well."

"But yeah, Mama C passed," 2 Chainz continued. "I went to the hospital the day she passed. So I did make it to talk to her. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and forehead. I told her I loved her. I think it was a Sunday [when] she passed. I actually talked to her Saturday morning or Friday night. That was a sad event for me. I couldn't make it to the funeral but I talked to the family."

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.