Jhené Aiko Sets ‘Sail Out’ EP Release Date

Rate this song

Rap-Up

Jhené Aiko

Jhené Aiko is setting sail this October. The R&B sensation has announced a release date for her EP.

Before her full-length debut Souled Out arrives next year, she will satisfy patient fans with Sail Out on Oct. 29.

“It’s like bridging the gap between [my mixtape] Sailing Soul(s) and Souled Out,” the 25-year-old singer told Rap-Up TV. “Sail Out has a lot of the hip-hop/rap influence on it, even with the beats.”

The hip-hop-heavy tracks include features from Wiz Khalifa (“Hit It Again”), Big Sean, Ab-Soul, and Kendrick Lamar, who guests on the Janet Jackson-inspired “Stay Ready.”

Her rap alter ego J. Hennessy also appears on the EP. “I literally feel throughout the day I go through 12 different personalities in my head,” said Jhené. “She’s an aspiring rapper. She still sings, but she’s more aggressive. She likes to really talk a lot of shit and talk about things that a lot of R&B singers don’t talk about.”

In July, she debuted one of the tracks, “Bed Peace,” for Rap-Up Sessions.

She guests on recent releases from J. Cole, Big Sean, and Drake, who enlisted her for “From Time,” a cut off his album Nothing Was the Same.

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.