Ja Rule Talks About His Prison Experience

Rate this song

HipHopBlog

''It's Kind of Like High School''
6:00AM ET August 7th, 2013
Contributor : Chris G.
A Rocky Williform Company

Ja Rule Talks About His Prison Experience

Ja Rule spent the better part of two years behind bars after being convicted of felony weapons possession charges. The former Murder, Inc. star revealed that he befriended several other noteworthy inmates during his stint.

"I was there with [former Tyco International CEO] Dennis Kozlowski, [former New York state comptroller] Alan Hevesi, Larry Salander, the art tycoon," Ja Rule said during an interview with Complex. "They were all good guys. Me and Alan, heâs a Knicks fan like me, so we watched a lot of Knicks together, never missed a game. We talked politics. The election was going on while I was locked up, Obama and Romney so we would talk a lot about that. Hevesi is a Democrat so we were on the same side [Laughs]."

"Itâs kind of high school. You go in, you got your A crowd, you got your B crowd. You got your nerds. You got your jocks," he added. "Itâs kind of the same way, and as soon as I walked into the joint, I was a part of the A crowd. Shoutout to everybody in Ray Brook, Midstate."

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.