Pusha T Talks "My Name Is My Name"

Rate this song

HipHopBlog

''I've Made the Perfect Album...''
7:00AM ET August 5th, 2013
Contributor : Martin James
A Rocky Williform Company

Pusha T Talks ''My Name Is My Name''

G.O.O.D. Music rapper Pusha T spoke with Esquire about his upcoming solo debut, My Name Is My Name. The Virginia-born rhymer stands by his previous statements that the album will be the best of the year.

"Well, I've heard a lot of them. And mine is better. [Laughs]," Pusha said. "I just know what I'm looking to bring to the music game, and it's a certain level of energy. I've made the perfect album that I want to put in my car and ride to."

He also spoke about Kanye West's influence on the album.

"Ye is a genius, man. Working under him, being a student, because that's exactly what I turned into â being a student under his school is a blessing," he said. "Somebody who's in touch and in tune with who I am as an artist â he's a fan of my work â and trying to expound on that and make that as great as possible, and still knowing how to be unorthodox, and still being Kanye West the mad scientist, the genius guy, and have those elements sprinkled over my hardcore, street rap music â you couldn't ask for anything else better."

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.