Nelly Talks About Amanda Berry

Rate this song

HipHopBlog

''I Thought It Was Amazing''
6:00AM ET August 1st, 2013
Contributor : Stephen Willis
A Rocky Williform Company

Nelly Talks About Amanda Berry

Rapper Nelly surprised his fans by bringing kidnap victim Amanda Berry onstage during his performance in Cleveland last week, and the St. Louis native spoke to MTV about the appearance. Nelly says that he wanted to make sure he paid tribute to the woman that survived 10 years in captivity.

"I had a chance to meet and greet fans before the show and she was there with her family and friends," Nelly explained. "After we took pictures we had a chance to sit down and talk, and I told her that she and her family were more than welcome to come up on the side of the stage and they did."

"When we got to 'Just a Dream,' I wanted to make sure that we had a chance to acknowledge her."

"When you meet someone who's been through something as traumatic as that you really don't know what to say or how to act," he added. "It's one of those situations where you follow their lead with things -- when she smiled, we smiled and when she didn't smile, we calmed down a little bit. ... I just wanted Cleveland to know that we were proud of her and that the strength and the pulse of the city is built around the people. ... To see her survive that, I thought it was amazing and it inspired me to do almost anything.

Leave feedback

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Leave feedback...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.